Saturday 23 July 2011

Google Plus

I’ve just set up my Google Plus account and am very impressed with the interface, the security setting and the ease to upload photos. Also the use of Google Plus circles is very good to keep friends, family and acquaintances separate, so if you only want family to see photo’s of your holiday, especially the ones of you in your Speedo’s , just set the photo’s to family no one outside the family circle will be able to view them.  You can have as many circles as you want, so if you want to keep work colleagues and old school friends separate its easy to make new circles.
With the stream on Google Plus, to me is much better than Facebook news feed, if you only want to see what your work colleagues are saying you just click onto their link. It will only show what they’ve been saying. Let’s be honest how sick are we all of Facebook news feed people telling us what their having for dinner, who cares. Although it will happen on Google Plus. By the way I had steak and chips last night.
Although i can’t see any way of doing a direct message as you can on Facebook, but i might not have found it yet, I’m sure Google Plus will update that at some point.  It’s still in its trail period so they are looking for feedback, but I think Google Plus will give Facebook a run for its money.
If you’ve already got Google Plus let me know your views of it. If you haven’t got it, it’s on an invite only at the moment, so if you want to give it a go and have a look yourself, just drop me a line and I’ll send you an invite.



 

2 comments:

  1. Phil, very nice sketches and photos as usual. Any chance for another poem? I don't understand Google plus yet and haven't spent enough time on it to know my way around. I have only two people in my circle and they're both friends. I'm getting overwhelmed with social media as I'm also on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook of course.

    I've made a vow right now to go to Amazon.com and buy your Kindle book, Phil. I have a number of books on Kindle so can't promise to get to it right away but I'm going on holidays in a couple of weeks so will bring my Kindle with me then and maybe get to the books I haven't had time for yet.

    Great to hear you're working on your second book. Any clues as to the plot?

    Very best, your Canadian pal, Kenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find your google+ account. The link goes to Jason's log.

    ReplyDelete